The Correctional Management Institute of Texas is pleased to offer a week-long Senior Level Corrections Leadership Program for criminal justice professionals at the George J. Beto Criminal Justice Center in Huntsville, Texas. The purpose of the program is to equip selected participants with the necessary correctional knowledge from an academic research standpoint and with the necessary leadership skills from a practitioner perspective that are required for Senior Level Leaders.
This training will target deputy directors within adult and juvenile community corrections, assistant wardens/wardens, assistant jail administrators/jail administrators, and assistant superintendents/superintendents within adult and juvenile institutions. The Institute is now accepting nominations for its program scheduled for September 19-24, 2010. This program is limited to 24-participants.
- Nominate a person who is in a Senior Level Leadership position or who has the potential to be promoted into a Senior Level Leadership position;
- Nomination must be signed by the Agency Executive Director;
- Nominees that are two years from retiring from the agency are not eligible;
- Consider diversity when making the nomination;
- Be prepared to allow the nominee to be in attendance from Sunday afternoon to noon on the following Friday; and,
- Provide transportation or reimburse the nominee for round trip mileage between duty site and Huntsville.
- Arrive at the Criminal Justice Center in Huntsville on Sunday by 5:00 PM for the opening session; and
- Actively participate in training activities the entire week; and
- Consider a variety of diversity issues in selecting participants;
- Notify nominee of acceptance into the program;
- Provide 34 hours of relevant training in an atmosphere conducive to learning;
- Provide all training materials;
- Provide accommodations at the University Hotel; and
- Provide meals for participants.
For questions, please contact Fred Rangel at (936) 294-3916 or email at email@example.com