Thursday, May 9, 2013

Prosecuting Special Offenders in the Texas Prison System

Shenequa Cachimbo was an intern with the Special Prosecution Unit.

Shenequa Cachimbo got practice at being a prosecutor by helping to prepare indictments against inmates and correctional officers for criminal offenses that occurred in Texas prisons.

“I got my foot in the door in the type of world I hope to enter,” said Cachimbo. “My first two cases were murder cases, and it made me even more interested.”

Picture of the inside of a large, state prison.Cachimbo spent her spring semester as an intern with the Special Prosecution Unit, an agency charged with prosecuting criminal cases that occur within the state’s prison system and Texas Youth Commission facilities. The unit also initiates and pursues civil commitment proceedings against violent sexual offenders.

. . . Read more . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment